Cookiebot subscribtion size changed?
When the Cookiebot cookie scanner scans your domain for cookies and trackers, it also determines the number of subpages on that domain. It is the number of subpages on (each of) your domain(s) that determines the subscription size needed and this is set automatically (see below).
- Small – up to 500 (sub)pages
- Medium – up to 5000 (sub)pages
- Large – more than 5000 (sub)pages
Why has my subscription been changed to a larger (and more expensive) size?
When signing up for a Cookiebot account for the first time, or after adding additional domains, the first full cookie scan of your website will complete within 24 hours. If the cookie scan determines that your website has more than 100 pages and does not qualify for the ‘free subscription’ then you will receive an email with a notification about it from Cookiebot. Please see: Cookiebot cookie scanner reports more pages.
If you are on a Cookiebot premium subscription and have received an email saying that your subscription has been changed to a larger subscription size, you can check the number of subpages identified by the cookie scanner. An overview of detected page URL’s is available in the Cookiebot cookie manager.
- Log in to your account https://manage.cookiebot.com/goto/login
- Go to the menu point ‘Cookies’
- Choose your domain from the tabs (if you have multiple domains)
- See the subscription size and number of subpages identified on the top of the page
- Cick on the number of subpages (hyperlink), a URL list with up to 10,000 of the subpages identified by our scanner will download.
My subscription has been changed from a free subscription to a 1-month trial (Premium). How do I get back on the free subscription?
If your website contains more than 100 subpages, you will need a Premium subscription. The subscription price will be determined based on the number of subpages on your domain.
If your website now contains 100 subpages or less (and you only have 1 domain), it is possible to get back on the free subscription.
- Save all data you may need, cancel your account (https://manage.cookiebot.com/goto/cancelaccount), wait 5-10 minutes and then create a new account.
- Add your domain and implement the new scripts. This account (and the associated scripts) will be a free subscription for as long as your page count does not increase above the 100.
- If you do this within the 1-month trial period, there will be no cost to you.
Please note that above steps can unfortunately not be performed by us. You will have to follow the above steps in order to solve this.